Stuff a hundred tourists into a cramped and stuffy tin boat, and then set sail into wild, rolling seas. Toss in stifling heat and 14 foot swells. What do you get? Yep, hand out the barf bags!
I've been on some wild ocean rides in my life (the 3-day crossing of the Drake Passage to Antarctica was beyond terrifying) but this is right up there with the worst. Luckily this Andaman Sea jaunt, from Railay to Phi Phi island is only a "mere" two hours.
The waves rise, the ship slams down ten feet or more. Rises up, rolls to the side. Rises, rolls. Rolls, rises. Up, down. Sideways. Feeling queasy yet?
First they handed out the small lunch bag size barf bags, then we upgraded to grocery bags. As I type this, we are graduating to garbage bags. And they are being used by everyone around me. Consider yourself lucky you can't SMELL what I smell.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Vomit Cruise (Why would you read this?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment