Mano has gone back to San Francisco - and I started missing him the minute he got in the taxi! So I am traveling alone again, and headed to a new country.
Beijing ChinaI arrived in Beijing by plane yesterday, and have been disappointed by the weather. Gray and rainy skies blanket this huge city, and a thick fog makes it nearly impossible to see even across the street.
In fact, earlier today, I stumbled across a group of tourists taking pictures of nothing, it seemed to me. As I strained to see the object of their attention, I could just make out the familiar red and green colors of Chairman Mao's portrait hanging on the Gate of Heavenly Peace. I had been walking across Tiananmen Square and didn't even know it!
But, as planned, I proudly wore my capitalist Mickey Mouse t-shirt and asked someone to take my picture with Mao - Mickey meets Mao!

No comments:
Post a Comment