Friday, June 09, 2006

Heaven to Drew: "Sorry, you're not invited."

Thursday, June 8

My last night in London. I met up with my old pal, Trav, for a quick night on the town. Trav is a Brit who works for Microsoft, whom I met back in San Francisco. We enjoyed a quick chat about how I believe his career choice is tantamount to selling his soul to the devil, and he suggested that if that is so, then he is in quite-popular company. Actually, I confided in him that I am a closet fan of Microsoft, and I am as excited as he is about the upcoming release of Windows Vista and Office 2007. We fell into a silent agreement that Google may actually be the real anti-Christ in disguise.

Friendly jousting complete, he took me out for a couple of pints. We stopped at a club called "G-A-Y." Can you guess what kind of bar it was? LOL. Wacky ol' London. Trav is a sweetheart. But no matter how many beers I bought (at $7 each!) he still wouldn't agree to get me software for free.

It is 1am. Jet lag has screwed me up completely. My flight to Stockholm leaves in just a few hours, so I thought I'd kill time by blogging. (Thanks again for reading.)

With a bit of time and the sandman seemingly on strike, I decided it was time to go to Heaven. Once there, I could see St Peter standing guard over the entry. (Actually, I am not certain of the bouncer's actual name). "Sorry sir, " he said. "Heaven is closed for a private party tonight, and no one else may enter." {Sigh} Flashback to all of those protesters telling me - "You'll never get into Heaven!" Hmmm... how did they know?

FYI: In case you did not know, "Heaven" is probably the most-popular gay nightclub in all of Europe (web site). It is sort of a ritual that all tourists will venture here at one time or another. But in my 4 visits to London, I've only been inside once! Well, no big loss. I've been thrown out of better places than Heaven, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't make it in. Your perseverance has earned you an exclusive invitation to the newest WCSN post. We'll see you there. Well done!