Monday, June 12
Okay, some of you have written and asked why I am not "dishing the dirt" on the nightlife, etc. Well, this blog is "Rated G" so that all can enjoy. But for those of you with a curiosity for such things (like ME!) this post is for you.
In summary... apparently Russian nightlife is not for the weak-hearted! It runs all night (til 6am) and gay, or straight - it is apparently quite wild.
I met up with Nikolay downtown last night - a Lt. in the Russian Army. He offered to show me around the nightspots in St. Petersburg. From what I can recall, we had a great time. ;-)
Strippers are in virtually EVERY club - gay or straight. They dance on bars, on your table, or your lap if you prefer. Live sex shows seems to be as well attended as the opera or ballet.
Tunnel: straight, gay-friendly club: Literally underground, in a bomb shelter! Very strict entry and dress code. Pat-down by security to enter. "Interesting live show." Have you ever wondered what would happen if Tarzan and the Catwoman ever hooked up? I can now tell you for certain, as I saw it there onstage.
Central Station: (www.centralstation.ru) Gay, straight-friendly. 4 floors (yes 4!) of whatever you have in mind. Restaurant, conversation bars, two discos, a pub playing porno, and dark rooms for... mingling. A unique men-only bathroom with a window to look at the club below as you pee. (!) One highlight of their show was that I have now seen virtually every act of the Kama Sutra performed before my very eyes. (Mano, remind me to describe this to you in more detail later, okay?)
Grishniki ("Sinners"): (http://www.greshniki.ru/) 3 levels of gay-only dance & show fun. Dark, with a gothic "dungeon" sort of motif. The second floor features a two-man all-glass circular shower stall, where the hot and sweaty strippers will lather up in the suds for your viewing pleasure. Ahhh... that's what I call "good clean fun!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment