This is admittedly a juvenile story - but maybe it will make you giggle?
Last night I was walking along by a seafood vendor's stand. I noted that one of the crabs had escaped, broken off his rubber bands, and was making a mad dash down the sidewalk (trying to hail a taxi, maybe?") This was an amazing sight to me of course. But, knowing how expensive they are, I thought I should alert the shop owner. Unfortunately, he was not understanding my English ("Hey your crab is running away" is probably not something that he studied in school).So, I tried to switch to my rudimentary Thai. The word for "sir" ("older brother") is "Pii." And the word for crab is "Poo." So, yes, if you can imagine me standing in the middle of the sidewalk shouting "Pee... Pooh!" maybe you can see why I was giggling?
(I warned you that it was childish story!)

No comments:
Post a Comment