Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thailand: Mano is here!!!!



June 26, Bangkok

Finally, Mano has arrived!
I have really been looking forward to seeing Mano again, and I'm so happy to say that we are now sharing these memories together. Mano will be here for only two weeks, and it will take him 2-4 days just to get used to the time difference (Bangkok is 14 hours ahead of San Francisco). So we will not do much exploring or adventuring - we will just enjoy having dinners and sight-seeing together.

Mano buys glasses, Drew buys teeth!
This is a good place for shopping, of course. But we tend to be more frugal about the things we buy. For example, Mano bought not ONE pair of prescription glasses, but TWO - for less than $300! And for me? Well, I opted for new teeth! I needed to have a 3-tooth bridge done in the States at a cost of over $2,000! So I waited until this trip, and paid less than half that! Now I really have a reason to smile BIG!

No comments: